Sprinter 308D Paketkoffer von FAWI Sachsen

• Hello dear forum members

I'm so sorry to write in english but my german is catastrophic!! :oops: Es tut mir leid, aber mein Deutsch ist sehr sehr schlecht.

I live in France and I have the Sprinter 308D from 1996, Paketkoffer built by FAWI. It's not Kögel, not SAXAS, not RKB. FAWI is (was??) a builder from Wilsdruff, Sachsen. FAWI = FAhrzeugwerk WIlsdruff.
    I had an accident with my van.
    I would like to find information about FAWI.
    I think this company no longer exist... maybe somebody can confirm this? I find a telephone number on the internet but it doesn't work.

Adresse: Löbtauer Str. 26, 01723 Wilsdruff, Sachsen
    Erzgebirge, Weißeritzkreis
    Tel: 035204/6800

http://mmn-news.blogspot.fr/2011/05/mmn-pl…wohngebiet.html
    http://graue-lagune.de/index.php?opti…tegory&catid=81

:roll:

So where can I find parts?
    Some parts I think are the same as Kögel, but some parts are different... I need parts like aluminium profil, etc... I don't know if they are compatible:

I ask Mercedes here in France but of course they said "you must contact FAWI we can't help you..." :roll::lol:

Thanks very much.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von kamaleon (13. April 2013 um 23:36)

• Bonjour,

the first 2 links do not show anything related to your camper :roll:
    So I am not sure what is defect. But I think you can repair any damage with any Aluminum profile that fits + some GFK Material if needed. You can glue that together with SIKA 252 or 552 or similar stuff.
    Maybe you can post here a picture of your problem.

Gruß, Holger

• Hi! :D

Links show that FAWI factory is abandoned...
    So what I'm trying to find out is: does FAWI still exist (somewhere else)? Where can I find the original parts?
    Yes I know I can buy sandwich pannels and Sikaflex. But other special parts, made by FAWI, I don't know where to find...
    Please look here

Profile #23 doesn't look so "standard"... I know Köegel also uses one like this but I don't know if it's the same size...
    Also I need part #65... only FAWI makes this!
    Also regardless of my problem is, I'd really want to know if FAWI still exist!
    Please look at my van: it doesn't look so nice right now :cry:

I tried telephoning Kögel but cannot reach their number there's a problem when calling from France. I also try SAXAS but nobody there seems to be able to speak english. I thought, if FAWI is bankrupt maybe these other companies bought their stock of replacement parts? Or just tell me what happened to FAWI! Since they're in the business I'm sure they will know...

This is why I'm here to ask for help...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kamaleon (13. April 2013 um 23:36)

• Sorry,I can't help you about FAWI. I don't know anything about this company. Maybe others do.
    Maybe you can find a similar profile to reconstruct your cabin.

Gruß, Holger

• No problem. Yes I hope someone will eventually know something...
    Yes it's a good question to know if the profile is to be found elsewhere... right now I can't take a picture of it. Maybe it's common amongst chassis / frame builders.

• Maybe this guy can help you. If the phone is a problem, try e-mail.

a Bientot - Peter (Pierre :D )

Thomas Rederer
    VTI Teilelogistik - Innendienst
    Spare Parts Logistics

Kögel Trailer GmbH & Co. KG Otto-Hahn-Straße 40 89231 Neu-Ulm

contact details:
    http://www.koegel-trailer.com/fileadmin/user…er_Sales_DE.pdf

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Odi (17. Dezember 2012 um 08:24) aus folgendem Grund: contact details deleted; spam robots were able to crawl them

• Hi,

you can order the parts at your local MB dealer. The special FIWA parts are documented in the MB Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC)!

die Teile kannst Du über Deinen MB Händler beziehen. Die Teile für den Fiwa Koffer sind im Teilekatalog (EPC) vom MB Händer dokumentiert.

Gruß Dirk

Hier gehts zur Hompage von den Paketkoffern, wo ihr auch Umbaufotos von unserem Kögelkoffer anschauen könnt oder Fotos von den Treffen.

• Zitat von kamaleon

I ask Mercedes here in France but of course they said "you must contact FAWI we can't help you..." ... :roll::lol:

Hallo,
    vielleicht sind die Teile ja nur über einen deutschen Mercedes-Händler zu bekommen ?
    Peut-être les pièces détachées sont seulement disponible à Mercedes en Allemagne ?
    Gruß
    Lutz

unterwegs in einem Opel Movano aus 2005, Ausbau fertig in 2007, soweit das überhaupt möglich ist

• Zitat von diengel

Hi,you can order the parts at your local MB dealer. The special FIWA parts are documented in the MB Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC)!

Hi, yes I have all the FAWI catalogue including part numbers from the EPC. But no, I cannot order them at my local MB dealer. I wrote that on the first post in this thread.

Zitat von LutzT

Hallo,vielleicht sind die Teile ja nur über einen deutschen Mercedes-Händler zu bekommen ?

Yes, maybe. I cannot speak German to telephone a german MB dealer so...

• Hallo ,

can you send me to PN, the List with the Number of the Part how you need, an your Identifikations Number of your Car.
    I will ask, where do you become the Parts.

Gruß Dirk

Hier gehts zur Hompage von den Paketkoffern, wo ihr auch Umbaufotos von unserem Kögelkoffer anschauen könnt oder Fotos von den Treffen.

• Zitat von diengel

Hallo ,

can you send me to PN, the List with the Number of the Part how you need, an your Identifikations Number of your Car.
    I will ask, where do you become the Parts.

Hi! Viel Danke im Vorhand. Sie haben PN ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Mit einem Benutzerkonto kannst du das womobox Forum noch besser nutzen.
Als registriertes Mitglied kannst du:
- Themen abonnieren und auf dem Laufenden bleiben
- Dich mit anderen Mitgliedern direkt austauschen
- Eigene Beiträge und Themen erstellen