• Hey phil, nice to meet you here. First i think: wow - we get international :)
    okay - lets try to help you.

normaly the heaterlamp will glow, when there is a problem with the preglow-system (pre-heading)

- Have you allready check the glow-plugs? (in german we called it: Glühkerze, glowcandle ;) i'll hope glowplug is the right word )
    -- Check the impedance from every Plug - all the same or heavy differnces? i have no references how many Ohms Impdances they need :(
    - Will ever Glow-Plug get power? 24V? or Less? Have only the half of zylinders Power?
    -- Check where the Problem will come from. Normaly there are one or more relais. relais are aging and get damaged.

• Hello Phil

the MAN has no glow plugs the engine is equipped with a flame start System. A Special glow plug will ignite gasoil and heats the incoming air. The system is controlled by an electronical device, which will indicate a failure by the light for the starting System. The device checks the complete system which consists of a small magnetic valve, the plug and the electrical connectors. Often a corrosion of the power supply to the glow plug is the reason for the message. The glow plug can be checked by a normal multimeter. The resistance is the region of some Ohms. The valve can be checked with the multimeter too. Here the resistance is higher than the glow plugs (about 100 Ohms). If you use 12V or 24 V you can hear a noise if the valve operates well.
    If a failure is indicated the system will not work for safety reasons; so nothing will happen if you start the engine and the light is still on (it will be switched off by the control box after 1 min – mostly)
    Best wishes

HWK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Mit einem Benutzerkonto kannst du das womobox Forum noch besser nutzen.
Als registriertes Mitglied kannst du:
- Themen abonnieren und auf dem Laufenden bleiben
- Dich mit anderen Mitgliedern direkt austauschen
- Eigene Beiträge und Themen erstellen